This is my old blog. It still has great content, but all of my new posts and videos take place at GloriWinders.com

Tuesday

I am Thankful...

Autumn is my favorite time of year.  I love the crisp feeling in the air, the colors, the smells, the tastes!!!!  I was married in the fall, had both of my children in the fall.  I just love the fall!!!  It is a time when I am reminded how truly blessed and thankful that I am.

I thought that I would share a few photos with you today of some simple Autumn decor that I have added around my house to remind us of the Abundant Harvest that God pours into our lives on a daily basis.  I hope it inspires you to Count Your Blessings, as well.

Happy Fall Ya'll...


My fun Subway Art that I did in golden yellow vinyl on a piece of metal that I spray painted black.  And, a pumpkin full of cany corn!


Vases that I filled with layers of black beans, great nothern beans that I used yellow and red food coloring on, and then green lentils.  Very fallish colors!


My totally sweet plate that I made using the Cricut Damask Decor Cartridge and a plate from the dollar store.



I added a little wooden pumpkin that I have had for years with some bite sized candy bars, just for my son!


Aren't these pumpkin candles cute.  My husband's Aunt Nancy gave these to me several years ago and I just can't bring myself to burn them.  I love being able to pull them out each year.




Our Kitchen Table complete with burlap and lace.  I used a piece of burlap for the underneath table cover and then added the crotched table topper along with a bit of pumpkin and harvest themed fabric right under the old dough bowl.   I pulled out my mustard colored plates and made cute napkin rings.


My mother's old dough bowl full of harvest goodies!



The napkin rings that I made using copper strips that I found at Hobby Lobby.  I ran them through my Sizzix and embossed them.  Added a little black paint and green glitter paint and then wiped off the excess for an antiqued look.  I used a paper towel roll cut into 3 inch sections as my base.  Added a bit of black cardstock paper cut at 3 1/2 inches and embossed with a dotted swiss pattern over the paper towel roll.  Then added the copper strips and then tied a piece of burlap string up through the middle of the tube before adding my napkins.  I think they turned out pretty cute!







My $6 Michael's pumpkin that I cut the top out of and made into a planter.  I used copper vinyl for the wheat stalk and black vinyl for "thankful."  Then I made an arrangement out of flowers and cat tails that I picked up at the dollar store.  The entire arrangement costed around $10 to make.


On my downstairs counter, I added a little wicker pumpkin basket that I have had since my children were little and some yellow leaves.  That's my totally awesome children and hubby in those photos!  Yes, I am proud and oh, so 
THANKFUL!


I also pulled out these little figurines that my MIL bought for the children 15+ years ago from Hallmark.  I sent my daughter, who is now in college,  a picture of them and she got pretty nostalgic!  They used to spend hours at the kitchen table playing with these characters.  Maybe one day I'll be passing them on to some precious grandkids.



I repurposed this wire basket that I had into a fall planter using flowers that I already had for the wall by my front door.  Nothing like a splash of color to say "Hello & Welcome."


And, lastly my cute as pie "Welcome" pumpkin.  I cut "welcome" out in black vinyl and applied it to a pumpkin that my hubbie picked out.  He always picks out the BEST shaped pumpkins.  Then we added two yellow mums to the pots on either side.  I am planning on adding pinecones into the bottom pot.  I just haven't had time to pick them up out of the yard yet.  


Well, I hope that you enjoyed the quick tour of my home.  I hope you will be inspired to pull out all of your old deocrations and see what you can come up with.  But, most importantly just spend some time reflecting on the blessings that have been poured into your life and purpose to live with "An Attitude of Gratitude!"






No comments:

Post a Comment

Glori-fy me with your comments...