This is my old blog. It still has great content, but all of my new posts and videos take place at GloriWinders.com

Sunday

Anniversary Gift For My Awesome In-Laws

My In-Laws are celebrating 51 years of marriage today! Isn't that wonderful? But after 51 years, what do you get someone, except maybe a long trip around the world :-)

So, I decided to craft something special for them. I used my Sure Cuts A Lot to design and cut vinyl with their last name, "families are forever," and "established 1960."

Here is a photo of all the vinyl cut and weeded on my mat. I absolutely love this Olive vinyl. It is my new favorite. It is Oracle 631.



I also decided to use my new Ornamental Iron Cricut Cartridge for a quick addition to the project.



I took a 10 X 13 picture frame and removed the glass. I cleaned the glass well and laid it on my craft mat so that the guides on the mat acted as my ruler to lay my design out with. I placed the elements on the glass using transfer tape, layering the "established 1960" on top of their name.





Once I had it all adhered to the glass, I grabbed the frame and flipped it over to the back. Working quickly, I added 4 hot glue dots in each corner of the frame and laid the glass back in the frame. Then I ran a small line of hot glue around the inside edge of the frame to secure the glass, but being careful to not let it show from the front.



Turn it over and Voila, a beautiful piece of decorative art for their home. You could always add a nice bow to hang it from, if you like. Or, use an ornamental metal holder to stand it up on a counter, shelf or table top.






Be Blessed,


Glori Winders
The 31 Woman

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Glori-fy me with your comments...