This is my old blog. It still has great content, but all of my new posts and videos take place at GloriWinders.com

Friday

The BEST Brussels Sprouts You've Ever Eaten..

I know you are saying, "Yeah right, Glori, Brussels Sprouts, Really?  Yuk!"

But, I kid you not, these are awesome!  My college age daughter gobbles them down.  Please, do yourself a favor and give these a try even if you don't normally like Brussels Sprouts.  I hated them as a kid.  When my mom said we were having them I tried to think of anything to get out of eating them.  But, years ago when I found out I had some food allergies and had to change my food intake to mostly fresh veggies, I was desperate to try new things.

I came across the basic recipe in a Suzanne Sommers cookbook.  I think it was the "Eat Great, Lose Weight" one.  Anyway, she said it was yummy and I decided to give it a try.  Boy, was she right.  They are a family favorite now.

Shredded Brussels Sprouts


2 pounds fresh Brussels Sprouts
1/2 stick of butter
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
a sprinkle of salt
3 limes

Begin by washing the sprouts.  Then trim the ends and old leaves off of the outside of each one.

Cut each sprout down the middle and then lay on the flat side and slice into small shreds.


Here my daughter and I are shredding the sprouts for dinner.


Next, add the butter and oil to a skillet and then add the sprouts. 


Sprinkle with salt.


 Cook over medium high heat until the sprouts are beginning to brown.  It will take about 10 minutes.


Then for the crowning touch, squeeze the 3 limes over the top of the cooked sprouts and serve.


Oh these were so good tonight with my Simplest Ham Ever and Mac & Chee.

Be Blessed,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Glori-fy me with your comments...