This is my old blog. It still has great content, but all of my new posts and videos take place at GloriWinders.com

Wednesday

Judy's Sleeptime Elixir

I told you the other day that my Mother-in-law just celebrated her birthday.  I just was not sure what to give her and as I was sitting in my office thinking over craft/gift ideas, I had the funniest brainstorm.

First I should give you a bit of background.  Judy has never been a drinker, but my husband, father-in-law and I love our glass of wine now and then.  Earlier this year when she was having trouble sleeping, she decided to take a small drink to see if it would help.  She calls it her medicine that she needs from time to time even though she hates the taste.  She also says that she has to drink it sitting on the side of the bed, because it makes her sleepy instantly.

Well, we have given her some ribbing about it - all in love - I promise!

Okay, my idea - design a wine glass that said, "Judy's Sleepytime Elixir."  I was thinking back to the old "Doctor Feel Good's Elixir Days."

I had some beautiful wine glasses that I had picked up at Dollar Tree of all places for - you guessed it - $1.00.  I used my Cricut Expression and Sure Cuts A Lot to design and cut out the vinyl that I applied.  I used a Yellow and Gentian Blue Oracle 631 vinyl that I purchased from Expression Vinyl.   The font that I used was Mussica Swash.  The Moon image came from ScrappingTable.com.

It turned it out really cute.  And, when she opened it at lunch everyone got the best laugh, especially her.

I also made a cute card for her using the Provo Craft Storybook Cricut cartridge with a cute 3-D butterfly.



Be Blessed,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Glori-fy me with your comments...