This is my old blog. It still has great content, but all of my new posts and videos take place at GloriWinders.com

Friday

Another Quickie Gift Idea from The 31 Woman

Here is another quickie gift idea I wanted to share with you.  Hopefully I will get some videos done soon, but this summer has been pretty busy.

The other day I was at Michael's and they had these cute little candles on sale for 50¢.  I picked up several just to have for a quick gift.  Well, I have already given them all away.  I came up with the cutest way to decorate them, and have been able to give them as hostess gifts, a little gift for a friend and 2 birthday gifts.



For this candle, I cut a last initial out of yellow vinyl to match the lemon candle.  I tied a little piece of raffia around the top.  Then I used my favorite Cricut Storybook Cartridge to cut out a design for the top.  The candle has a little plastic cover on it that is about 2" in diameter.  So, I choose one of the flowers from the cartridge and cut out a 2" blackout flower and then the cooresponding 2" cutout flower and glued the two pieces together.  I added a little brad in the middle of the flower and used pop-dots to attach it to the little plastic cover.  


Very Cute!  I used this one as a hostess gift.

Here is another one that I made again using the Storybook Cricut Cartridge to cut out the vinyl for the side of the candle and to make a topper for the candle.




I used little rhinestones to decorate the butterfly.



Another quick tip is that I always try to keep these three things on hand for quick gift giving:


Personalized Labels For That Special, "I Made This Just For You" Touch


And, clear bags and basket filler.  I have lots of sizes of clear bags and many different colors of basket filler.  They come in so handy.  I buy my bags from Nashville Wraps and/or ClearBags.com

I hope this gave you a few ideas for your quick gift giving needs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Glori-fy me with your comments...