This skirt is so easy and so cute!!! All you need is about a yard of fabric, matching fabric, and a piece of elastic. First, you will need to cut out two pieces of fabric with the following measurements:
Your elastic should be the length of your waist plus 1". Let's get started!
(1) Place the right sides of the two rectangles together and stitch up the sides using a 1/2" seam allowance. Finish the seams.
(2) Fold the top of the skirt down 1/4" and press.
(3) Now fold down another 1" and press.
(4) Stitch along the bottom of the fold all the way around the skirt...just make sure you leave about an inch gap open.
(5) Pin a safety pin onto the end of your elastic and feed through the hole and around the skirt. When you've reached the hole again, pull the elastic out and stitch it to the other end. Let the elastic fall into the hole and then stitch the gap closed.
(6) Now hem and press!
(7) If you have any leftover fabric, cut it in long strips. Use a basting stitch down the center. Pull on the bobbin threads and gather the strips.
(8) Stitch the gathers to the bottom corner of the skirt...and now you have a cute embellishment!
Congratulations! You're done! Wasn't that super duper easy?!