This is my old blog. It still has great content, but all of my new posts and videos take place at GloriWinders.com

Wednesday

Using My Cricut to Be A Blessing!

Just wanted to share a quick idea today with you of how you can use your creative talents and the tools that you are blessed with to be a blessing to others.

I have a friend who works with a women's ministry in my local town.  They recently moved their offices and had not been able to get a new sign for their front door.  I just happened to stop by one day to say hello - God was leading.  She mentioned the sign  and I took a look at it.  I thought that it would be pretty easy to use my Cricut Expression and Sure Cuts A Lot (SCAL) software to design their sign.  I am the one who desinged their logo several years ago.

So, I took the logo and made an .svg file of it using Inkscapes.  I then pulled that .svg into SCAL and designed the rest of the sign.  I cut it out in their colors and applied to the back of their old sign.  It turned out great and they were so happy.  It would have cost them a good bit of money to have a sign company do all of those steps for them.  So it was a blessing for them and it made me happy.



Here is the front door sign for their office.

When I delivered the sign, they were in shock and overjoyed.  They mentioned that they had a new mission statement and had hoped that as some point they could have someone paint it on their wall in the reception area of their offices.  After seeing the front door sign, they were sure that vinyl would work better!  So, off I went again to design some vinyl wall decor from their new mission statement.

Again I used the Cricut Expression and SCAL software and cut the vinyl our of chocolate Oracle 631.  Here is the vinyl as I was hanging it on the wall.


A work in progress...

And here is the final product!






So the moral of the story is to use the gifts and talents God has given you to be a blessing to others.  You never know what fun things you will get to do!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Glori-fy me with your comments...