This is my old blog. It still has great content, but all of my new posts and videos take place at GloriWinders.com

Monday

Quick DIY Gifts

I wanted to share two really quick ideas for great gifts with you.  And, they are very inexpensive, too!

Frist, I picked up these really cute latte mugs at Dollar General a few months ago.  They were a few dollars each.  I loved the pottery look with the black and brown glaze.  My kitchen's base colors are brown and black with splashes of lime, deep red and golden yellow.  I knew these mugs would look great.  I used my Cricut Expression to cut out Oracle 631 vinyl in black and tan and layered it on the mugs.  I'm very pleased with the way that they turned out.

My other super quick tip is for making custom coasters.  I was in Home Depot looking through the tile and noticed some glass ones in tan and olive that already had a nice backing on them and the edges were nicely finished.  They were less than $2 each.  I cut out black vinyl using a great set of monogram letters that I got from My Vinyl Designer.  Once I applied the vinyl the only thing left to do was add little cork feet to the bottom, which is optional.

There you have it - 2 great gifts for just dollars!



Be Blessed,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Glori-fy me with your comments...